- Its incredibly versatile and there are no end of different type of dishes you can produce.
- It is a healthy lean meat - so long as you don't eat the skin!
- It's easy to cook in a variety of ways and doesn't take hours to prepare.
- Cooking a whole bird is really economical - I got 3 main meals and 2 lots of sandwiches for 2 adults from a 2kg bird that cost £8.
- I simply enjoy the taste!
I have used the left overs to cook 2 main meals - Sunday - chicken, pea and lemon risotto (inspired by a Donna Hay recipe) and tonight I made a simple chicken noodle soup (from Leiths Simple Cookery). We also had chicken sandwiches yesterday (flat breads with pesto chicken) and today (simply on wholemeal bread).