Tuesday 28 July 2009

Fresh from the oven - Focaccia


This months challenge is hosted by Brooke of Ed and Brooke and she chose focaccia. We could use any recipe we liked so I chose one from River Cottage Hnadbook No. 3 Bread. I decided to add some green olives to the top for a change along with the sea salt and olive oil. The result was very tasty but perhaps a little salty tasting due to the combination of the salt and the olives.

Focaccia
are a favorite bread of mine. They are simple to make, yet look quiet impressive, they're versitile, delicious and an ideal accompaniment to many meals. I have used this recipe once before and will definitely be continuing with this recipe. I would really recommend the River cottage Hnadbook Bread to anyone who makes their own bread (recipes are not for breadmakers, make by hand or in a mixer).

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Dips said...

Great looking Focaccia...Must've tasted awesome..

Debyi said...

Your focaccia looks great! The olives sound like a delicious addition.

goodshoeday said...

I've only done focaccia once and it was delicious although I was rather heavy handed with the salt. I must give it another go soon. I'm going to be joining Fresh from the Oven from next month so it'll be good to compare notes with every one.

Corry said...

Hi Claire,

It looks great. I personally love olives. Well done.

Claire said...

Thanks everyone. It did taste delicious.

Goodshoeday - welcome to the group. I am hosting Augusts challenge so I hope you enjoy it.

Fresh from the oven: A bread baking community said...

What a great idea to use green olives! So impressed with your bread. Great job!

kang said...

Hi Claire, found your blog through the local food advisor website, and just want to say that its a breathe of fresh air, it makes for a relaxing read.

Keep up the great work here , and do keep the healthy recipes coming.

Claire said...

Fresh from the oven - Thanks a lot :)

Kang - thank you so much for taking the time to post that comment. It is always nice to get such positive feed back on my blog as a whole as well as the individual food entries/recipes.

Jules said...

Great looking focaccia. You can't beat the RC bread handbook!